Buying Your First Home?
The 2022 First Front Door program funding round is now closed. Information about the 2023 program will be updated when it becomes available.
If you are buying your first home, you could get up to $5,000 towards your down payment and closing costs!* Through the First Front Door (FFD) program, a homebuyer grant program of the FHLBank Pittsburgh, qualified homebuyers can receive a 3-to-1 matching contribution. That means that for every $1 you put toward your down payment and closing costs, you can receive $3 in grant assistance, up to a maximum of $5,000.
To be eligible you must:
- Be a first-time homebuyer**
- Contribute personal funds to the down payment and closing costs
- Have an income at or below 80 percent of the area median income at the time of FFD enrollment (Determine your income limit on the HUD website)
- If a student, work at least 30 hours per week
- Be willing to complete four hours of homeownership counseling
- Own the home for five years from the loan closing date in order to keep the full amount of the grant
*Apollo Trust Company is a participant in the FHLBank Pittsburgh’s First Front Door program. Specific eligibility requirements apply. Income calculation is based on the median income of the area in which the applicant currently resides. Terms and conditions are subject to underwriting and approval. Funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
**You have not owned a single-family home used as your primary residence in the last three years. This also includes, if purchasing jointly with other individuals, at least one person has not owned a single-family, primary residence in the last three years or if an investment property is owned, you are not living there and have not owned a single-family, primary residence in the last three years.
Contact Rob Kopec for more information!
Rob Kopec (NMLS #723149)
Vice President, Residential Lending
724.478.3151 x 220
Apollo Trust Company NMLS #728340